Saturday, February 24, 2007

Emma's departing on a tour of Europes finest to regain the damage Balt. has done on her health...



I'm really into ye grande old fashioned way of travel. I've been thinking about Dorothy Sayers, The Orient Express, Hat boxes, and those sticker thingies that people used to plaster on luggage. Also all the american expats that went off in search of different climes between thew world wars, also Henry James characters who did the same thing only a little earlier ( but I'm not sure if it is ok to go back that far in time?) The photo is of F. Scott Fitzgerald's family heading off probably to the Riviera. I was also kind of playing about with the idea of framing the piece(s) as a kind of passport book page(s) with ephemera and fashionable travel scenes sort of stuck inside...

1 comment:

fashionillustrationclass said...

I like your sketch a lot so far, Emma. Also, hope youre feeling better. I think the strong points in the sketch are the train and the objects surrounding it. The guy in the front is bothering me. I'd just cut him out. Bring the cameo type thing of the lady into the piece a little more. Make it larger. The passport boarders idea is good too.


---->d.