Friday, March 23, 2007

Lyse's Sketches





Here's my sketch for the cd cover. I ended up going with my favorite genre, so I'll be doing Electronica/Ambient (bands like Múm and Massive Attack). After drawing the girl and cityscape, I went hunting on style.com for an outfit I thought adequately matched the mood and sound of the music (as well as my image) and decided on the dress above.
As for the two versions; I initially colored the gray/green one, but wasn't sure if everyone might think it was too dull, so I color balanced a blue as well. I personally enjoy the gray/green more since it's what I initially had in mind (plus I think it might fit better with the genre) but I'm interested to see what you guys think. Thank you in advance! =)

1 comment:

fashionillustrationclass said...

Hey Alyse, this is nice. Not sure how you're doing for time, but would love to see what this would look like from a slightly higher vantage point, same scene, just shot from above slightly, so we can see more of the rhythms in the city scape. I'd love to see you "show off" a little more with the drawing, make the scene a little more complicated or draw it from a slightly more difficult angle. I know you've got the drawings skills, would be cool to see you push it slightly.