Friday, March 2, 2007

Emma's Shakespeare Sketches



Here are two ideas that I had, maybe you can help me figure out what direction to head in, as these are from different plays. The One with the group gathered about the frozen woman is A Winters Tale ( the scene from the very end of the play, and the 2nd is taken from Tempest- the bit at the beginning where Ariel "Flamed amazement" on the ship, before they all get washed ashore...so,as to the posting dates etc, I will be gone (gone as in not being able to have comp./scanning access) for the whole break starting Sat. early morning...so not sure what to say about all the posting requirements, I hope it's ok, and everyone will understand, but I won't be back until next Mon. a.m. when we have our next class. I'm going to be able to get to a library to check this and find out what image to go with, but then I'll be out of touch. Hope everybody has a good time!

3 comments:

Laura Galbraith said...

i really love the linework in these two pieces, but i wish the composition wasn't so central... also, the viewpoint i wish was more dynamic ( instead of straight on, why not a view looking down/up on the characters? )I wish for more bold colors, in the top piece... more similar to the colors used in the bottom...

fashionillustrationclass said...

The compositions are a little weak. I love the idea of what's going on in A Winter's Tale, but I just don't think the elements have been arranged in an interesting way. I would continue to push this one, maybe focusing in a little on the central drama and reducing the number of elements. The whole poster could be cropped around the interaction between the two central figure's hands, one encased in ice, the other yearning for contact. That's maybe a bit of an extreme edit, but I think you get the idea. Less is more... more or less. Great concept, it just needs to be explored visually/graphically a little more.

-Sam

fashionillustrationclass said...

I agree with the comments about composition. I think the line/color need a lot more solidity and texture. I'd say go with the top one, and think graphic ice.

----->d.